Fall 2022 Zine
We are accepting
- sentence-long blurbs
- essays, stories, prose (max: 500 words)
for our Fall 2022 zine.
The theme is ”The Rowan Experience.“
I want to make a little memory book full of honest slices-of-life from your perspective as a college student.
Your submission doesn’t necessarily have to be about Rowan, though it can be. Rowan can also just be a setting or a backdrop for it – like a poem you wrote at a specific location, or something you doodled in class.
If you’re having trouble narrowing down the theme, here are some prompts:
- the strangest/loveliest thing you’ve seen/overheard on campus
- your favorite classmate, or the most annoying one you’ve ever had
- something epic you did that you wish other people saw
- a club or friend group you’re grateful to have – or wish you had
- what no one ever tells you about college
- a shout-out to your best friend/favorite professor/the lady who makes your bagels in the morning
- your favorite place on campus
- a trend you notice among Rowan students
- how you’re feeling right now
- just a little something that says “yo, I was here”
A zine ≠ a literary magazine. (We have an awesome one on campus, Avant!)
What I mean by that is, I’m not necessarily looking for “polished” work. Zines are DIY. They are made with with ♡, glue, and staples. The life of a college student is often messy, frazzled. I want submissions that are messy, silly, amateurish, imperfect, spur-of-the-moment – as long as they genuinely reflect you.
You are welcome to send in multiple things. Just fill out the form again.
The zine will be assembled by hand, photo-copied in black-and-white, and distributed by the end of the semester.
Deadline: Friday, November 4, 2022
If you have any questions, email me.